Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Week 5

Here at Sparta High School, we do homecoming in an extraordinary way. Throughout the week of homecoming each day we have a theme to dress up. This year's themes were sports day, formal wear, western wear, favorite musical character, and on the day of homecoming, each class wears the color they are assigned. On homecoming day, the candidates for homecoming king and queen give a speech asking people for their votes. After the speeches it is all fun and games. Each grade competes for "The Red Apple" prize given away at the football game that night. Every  grade works with their fellow classmates to win that desired prize. The seniors usually end up winning becasue they are more expereienced than everyone else. Another fun part of the day is the mock rock dance. Each grade puts on a dance to the theme of homecoming that year. All-in-all it is a very fun day for everyone. It brings classes closer together, and it allows us to show some Sparta High School pride!

I came to Sparta High School my sophomore year, and I had no idea that homecoming was this big here. At my old school we did do dress up days the week of, but we did not get to play all the games. I remember the day of homecoming going to class like every other day but being released an hour or so early to listen to the seniors speeches. My favorite part of Sparta is homecoming. I have so much fun playing the games and doing mock rock. I think it is such a neat idea and I hope Sparta continues doing it for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment